Social media is an important new media marketing tool that must be used by organizations to stay connected with their customers. Traditional marketing tactics such as advertising in newspapers, magazines and on TV as also referrals, and public relations are still used, but social media tactics have now become a part of everyday marketing’s fabric and need to be considered at the strategic level of your marketing decision-making process. The question today is not whether you should or should not use Facebook or Twitter but is 'How can Facebook and Twitter help you in achieving your marketing objectives?' It is crucial to make the most of new media marketing.
Data on marketing intelligence and web analytics site Compete.com proves that social media growth continues to skyrocket:
- There were more than 170 million unique visitors on Facebook in December 2011 in USA alone.
- You Tube had more 153 million unique visitors during the same month
- In August 2011 image and video hosting website Flickr reported that it was hosting more than 6 billion images and this number has been growing steadily
Studies and data do prove that social media is indispensable for business but how exactly do you define this tool new media marketing and what does it entail? In simple terms, social media is the use of technology to co-create, know, like, and trust.
Some worthy marketing objectives that new media tactics in New Jersey and New York can help you to achieve include:
- Making your web content and business expertise visible to new audiences and potential customers – links to your official website and for news and product updates can be added on Facebook and Twitter
- Networking with like-minded individuals and companies – LinkedIn helps you to connect with potential employees and new business partners
- Reaching new audiences in the exact way they choose to communicate – choosing new media marketing tools like You Tube, Facebook and Twitter to engage millions of customers
- Getting to know literally everything that’s being said online about your brand, products, or industry in real time – using web analytic tools to know the real success of your marketing efforts.
Do you still feel you can afford to ignore social media for your business in NJ and NY? Contact NET Marketing Consulting Group for social media optimization and SEO in New Jersey and New York. We offer new media marketing services that are meant to help you to accomplish your long term marketing objectives.